ARPEL4Entrep Stage 3: Final Project
The ARPEL4Entrep Stage 3: Final Project is a research-based activity to be undertaken after successful completion of Stages 1 and 2 of the programme. Students will work independently to identify research interests, gaps in knowledge, explore hypotheses and develop a business research project. The Business Research Project will allow students to hone their analytical and investigative skills by participating in an active research project under a faculty advisor to produce usable data sets, public presentations, and abstracts suitable for publication.
The following are examples of broader categories that are considered to be suitable for a scholarly ARPEL4Entrep Stage 3: Final Project:
- Entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship;
- Development of entrepreneur friendly environments;
- SME start-up and growth;
- SME life cycles;
- Ethics and Corporate governance in the context of SME operations;
- Family business;
- Not-for profit SME organisations;
- International business development for SMEs;
- Legal structures as vehicles for entrepreneurial growth and development;
- Other areas directly related to the set-up, growth, and development of SMEs.
Knowledge at the end of the module:
1. An understanding of research ethics in the methodology and nature of the study being investigated;
2. An understanding of the use of the scientific method in the context of empirical research; its advantages and limitations;
3. An understanding of the distinctions between quantitative and qualitative research and their relevance to the SME;
4. An understanding of the basic concepts of intellectual property and how this applies when referring to third party research.
Fee Structure: Click here to see Fee Details for ARPEL – Bachelor’s Degree Programme.
Erasmus+ co-funded programme offers a limited number of Full scholarships for Intake 1.